Ellsworth Systems is currently seeking to fill a full-time installation technician position in Tennessee.
POSITION: Installation Position
Position Title: Installation Technician – Electronic Security
Position Type: Exempt
Reports To: Installation Supervisor
An Ellsworth Systems Installation Technician provides technical installation of all wiring, devices, and programming of burglary, access control, and video surveillance systems. They work closely with the Lead Installation Technician to complete projects mostly in commercial or financial environments, and in various stages of construction and/or remodel. Roles could consist of some, or all of the below list and may include tasks outside the determined tasks listed.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Assist the Lead Installation Technician in completing projects in the most efficient and effective manner to assure timely completion. All installations must meet the highest quality standards set forth while assuming a professional environment onsite by self and installation teams.
- Interpret site drawings and technical manuals to ensure products are installed correctly and in the right locations.
- Program systems using computer applications, mobile apps, basic IP addressing, etc.
- Installation of wire using cable management devices as needed and/or required by local building codes.
- Install system devices on various types of building materials using mounting hardware and power tools and apply waterproofing measures for outdoor mounted equipment
- Installation of electronic locks on various types of doors, locksets, and frame materials.
- Ability to fish and conceal wire through various types of wall, ceiling, floor, and door frame spaces.
- Use basic electronics skills working with resistors, relays, batteries, and various low DC voltages.
PRODUCT VENDORS WE PARTNER WITH
- Pacom, Bosch, DMP, Inovonics, Verint, Costar, March, Telguard, Cradlepoint, Salto
- Must possess a willingness to grow and learn installation techniques as well as new product lines.
- Able to obtain state licenses as required to perform work.
- Must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle, and willing to travel as customer or company needs dictate.
- The ideal candidate should possess at least 1-year experience in a technician role
- Strong sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to function independently or as key member within a team environment
- Motivated individual with good business and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, etc.
- Stand, walk, stoop, kneel, balance, crouch, or crawl for extended periods of time in various weather conditions.
- Ability to regularly transport and lift various types of ladders
- Ability to safely operate scissor and boom lifts
- Hearing and vision within normal range
- Successful candidate must possess a high school diploma
- Experience in a Service industry is desirable but not required
- Must be able to communicate verbally and written in the English language
- Maintain required product training and certifications. Maintain CEU (Continuing Education) credits as needed per state requirements.