Ellsworth Systems is currently seeking to fill a full-time Service Technician position that will cover the North Carolina market (Raleigh).
POSITION: SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Position Title: Service Technician
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Service Manager
Ellsworth Systems (ESI) is a leading independent US provider of financial products, software, security and services. Since 1987, ESI has gained a reputation for innovative solutions and transparent business processes. We partner with leading security and financial equipment vendors to provide products and services that are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers. As we continue to grow and attract new customers, we are seeking Service Techs that will provide service support on a wide variety of products at various locations for our customer base as necessary.
The successful candidate for this position will have the following skill sets:
- Self-directed individual driven to ensure productivity with minimal daily supervision
- Solid aptitude in Electronics, Electrical or Mechanical repair
- Ability to travel outside of assigned geography, sometimes overnight, when necessary
- Maintenance of company vehicle as requested- vehicle maintained professionally
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Sense of urgency to ensure satisfaction for our customer base
- Work with Dispatch, Sales and other internal departments to address all customer needs as assigned
- The ideal candidate should possess some experience in a service-related field
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Solid organizational skills
- Ability to learn and use computer-based programs as necessary for the performance of their duties
- Must be able to function independently or as key member within a team environment
- Motivated individual with good business and problem-solving skills
- Must have good driving record
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to crawl through confined spaces
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders and function at elevated positions
- Ability to lift to 50 lbs. and raise objects overhead
- Associate degree in Electronics or Mechanics a plus but not required
- Successful candidate must possess a high school diploma
- Certified Technical or vocational training desirable but not required based upon experience
- Must be able to communicate verbally and written in the English language
- The specifications of this Job Description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only exclusive standards of the position.
- The successful candidate will follow all other instructions and perform any other duties as may be required by their Manager.